- Carefully take out the avocado pit from the fruit, without damaging it.
- Wash off the remaining avocado on the pit and dry the pit. Make sure the pit is clean from the fruit.
- Take 3 toothpicks and gently insert them into the avocado pit so as to form a pyramid shape, where the top (pointy end) is inside the pyramid.
- Place the pyramid PEAK DOWN into the cup so that the TOP is facing up.
- Pour in water so that the entire bottom is submerged and the top is dry.
- Change water regularly when needed.
- When the seed splits, and the root grows to a more formidable size, transfer to soil.