Deters pests from your plants.
- Seeds and tops from 5-10 hot peppers (depending on size) OR powdered cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon pure soap (dish soap is okay, but not detergent types)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 6 or more cloves of garlic (optional)
- 1/2 gallon water or up to 1 gallon (use 2-3 cups in blender)
- Put ingredients in the blender.
- Add 2-3 cups water in the blender. Blend thoroughly until liquefied, adding more water if necessary.
- Let stand one hour. Liquefy again.
- Let mixture sit until fumes have settled.
- Strain (through cheesecloth, coffee filter, or paper towel).
- Dilute with additional water and spray on plants in the evening (be cautious at all times when handling the material and during sprayer clean-up). Extra material can be stored in a jar in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks.