- 200g leftover boneless roast chicken meat, shredded or chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into rounds
- 2 sticks celery, cleaned and chopped into 1cm slices
- 70g farfalle or other pasta shape
- 125ml chicken stock
- thumb-size chunk of ginger, peeled and finely grated (optional)
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- a little oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick soup pot or dutch oven.
- Add the onions and garlic and sweat for a few minutes.
- Next, add the ginger, carrots and celery, and sweat for a further 5 minutes, or until soft.
- If not done already, cook the pasta according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Add the chopped chicken, cover with stock and bring up to the boil.
- Reduce the heat down to a simmer before covering and cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Add the pasta and stir well.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste and serve with a generous handful of chopped parsley.